What We Do
At BlocNet we provide a complete range of property management services to leaseholders, landlords, freeholders, and developers too. We bring a fresh way of thinking to all aspects of property management and new ways to approach even the most challenging situation relating to property services.
Right to manage
If you're currently unhappy with the property management of your building, you have the legal right to replace the company currently managing it under 'Right to Manage' legislation.
Under a right to manage application, you and other leaseholders can take over the property management responsibilities from the landlord and organise repairs and other services such as gardening etc. yourselves.
Although it sounds great in theory, right to manage can be a bit of a headache to achieve successfully; but that's where we can help. We can take away the hassle and undertake the whole right to manage process for you.
Our block management approach goes far beyond the industry code of practice recommended by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
In simple terms, BlocNet manages blocks with the most transparency and offers the best level of property services of any managing agents in the UK.
Our unique technologies mean you can raise property management and maintenance issues easily and they will be responded to quickly. You can track your budgets, your service charges account and the exact status of any maintenance or upgrade issue in real-time: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our evaluation of every maintenance or upgrade cost to your development is shared openly with you, and every client has full access to the most comprehensive and detailed property management reporting and enquiry system in the market.
Every client has full access to the most comprehensive and detailed reporting and enquiry system in the market.
Wherever you are, any issue that has arisen since our last onsite inspection can be brought to our attention through our system immediately.
Qualifying leaseholders have a legal right to extend their leases, but it can be a complex process. At BlocNet we have property management experts who can help you extend your lease quickly, cost-effectively and with minimal stress.
Freehold / lease purchase
With BlocNet's expertise in all areas of property management, we have a highly-experienced team with a proven track record of helping people negotiate the purchase of freeholds and lease extensions.
In the event of a challenge by the landlord to a purchase or extension, BlocNet can provide expert advice on country court and Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (LVT) hearings.
Freeholders / Landlords
As a freeholder or landlord, you will either use a traditional property management company or you might manage the property yourself.
We would be delighted to take over your properties and our long experience of property services will ensure an extremely smooth transition. Our transparent and comprehensive accounting and reporting system means each client can easily inquire about any aspect of their property management at any time.
You can confidently leave all aspects of ongoing property management activities to BlocNet, including:
- Collection of ground rent (if required)
- Monitoring and responding to any changes in legislation
- Protection and maximization of the value of your asset
- Ensuring lease covenants are adhered to
We will only contact you when necessary, leaving you free to focus on the important task of maximixing the return on your property investments.
In the new-build sector, developers are increasingly choosing property management agents that can tailor their approach to each developments' unique demands, instead of the 'one-size-fits-all' property services approach favoured by some of the big players in the market.
BlocNet delivers a package of property services designed to meet the specific requirements of every development, including:
- A tier-1 pre-build consultancy service
- Outstanding assured property management service during your sales cycle
- During handover, no management fees for properties that are unsold
- A dedicated secure intranet for each development
- Committed property management fees for the initial years of all new build developments
For developers we provide (continued):
- An experienced and highly motivated team to support you at all stages of planning and construction
- Initial planning support for guidance, advise and recommendations on property management implications of proposed site facilities and services
- Sales support regarding initial service charges estimates, lease covenant summary of terms, solicitor packs available for prospective purchasers to view
- Transition to ongoing management
- Post-Completion property services that encompass all aspects of moving to a steady-state mode of operation for the entire development